Monday 17 August 2015

Liebster Award - Laura's questions


If anyone is confused as to what the Liebster Award is, I explain it in my first post here. You can also click the "liebster award" tag to find my answers to other people's questions. 

Shortly after I put up my first round of questions from Maisie, Emma and Shannon, I was nominated by Laura. At the time, I told her I'd put up my end of round updates and then do her questions. That was in May. Um...sorry? But here they are now! 

What sim from your town or story would you say is most like you? 
I don't know if any of my sims are overwhelmingly like me, which is probably a disappointing answer! But any of my sims who seem somewhat anti-social? Well...I'm not pulling that out of my bum. That is definitely from my own experience.

What is your favorite EA world, in any version of the sims?
It's been so long since I've played an EA hood or world! I remember Belladonna Cove seemed like EA made more of an effort with decor and design than they normally did. I also thought Isla Paradiso from TS3 was fun, if it wasn't so buggy and laggy for me!

What was the last book you read, and did you like it?
I read Beyond Belief by Jenna Miscavige Hill. It's about her experiences growing up in Scientology and her subsequent escape from it. I don't think it was fabulously written but it was very, very, interesting. 

What TV show are you addicted to right now?
I'm really enjoying Supernatural. I've started again with it, as I'd sort of forgotten what was happening with the whole Castiel thing. I'm not really a binge watcher though. I'll watch TV for hours but I'll be flipping around between YouTube and various shows on the streaming services I have access to. It's really rare that I watch more than one episode at a time of anything. 

What is your favorite thing about where you live?
The fact that there are so many amazing cafes and restaurants around. I can walk five minutes up the road and just there, there are seven or eight different places to get yummy food. If I expand my search into the surrounding suburbs, I have even more choice. Love it!

What thing have you accomplished that we might not know about?
Oooh, I don't know. I don't think I'm particularly accomplished. But I'm not a very goal-oriented person, so it's also not the sort of thing I think about that often. 

What is something you haven't accomplished yet, but want to?
Getting my full drivers' licence. Currently, I can only drive supervised by a fully licensed driver, which means I'm fairly limited. That's honestly my only goal in life right now! Told you I wasn't goal-oriented. ;)

What thing do you most look forward to each day?
Coming home and getting into my PJs. Such a home body and so lazy - there's nothing better to me!

Favorite holiday?
Christmas...as long as I like the people I'm spending it with. I've had really stressful Christmases the past two years and have been promised the people who made it stressful will not be involved this year. Fingers crossed! I really like the decorations, the food and the general atmosphere of Christmas, normally. I hate Christmas shopping but I love Christmas so much I can't even bring myself to complain too much about that. 

Favorite food or drink?
Pizza. I could live on pizza. I could even put my second-favourite food on pizza - French fries. There's a restaurant around here that does French fries on pizza and it's pretty amazing. 

If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
Given that I will never have a super power, I have spent far too much time considering what mine would be. I think the ability to fast-forward, rewind and freeze time would be badass. So useful! Fast forward right through work and waiting in line. Rewind to relive happy memories. Freeze time to consider what you're going to say...and then rewind again if it doesn't work out. Is there a problem this superpower could not solve? I can't think of one!

Notes: 

  • Susannah and Daniel's update is still coming! I'm also working on a lot tour at some point - not sure which will come first. I hope to get the update out first but I will definitely have the lot tour to tide you over if not. :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh yay, I'm glad you remembered this! :D

    Ha, I've totally forgotten Supernatural too, and I was up to about season 8 or so. But the thing about that show is that it seems the same things keep cycling around again and again, so you can really just drop right into it and nothing is too different. I just pick it up again and it's like, Oh hey, did he bargain his soul again? Do any of these people have a soul left? lol!

    Good luck on your license! Do you have a car waiting for you already when you're finished? Or will you be buying one?

    Yum, pizza! You and me both, sister! :D

    Ha ha, fries on a pizza! That reminds me of the chip butty that my hubby makes--fries on a sandwich, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't got that far with Supernatural - I think I was halfway through Season 3? Such a fun show though, so I'm enjoying the rewatch.

      Yes, I have a car already. :) My dad sold me his 10yo Honda Jazz (which is called be the Honda Fit elsewhere) for $2000 below market value, so I snapped that up. It only had 41k mileage, which is crazy low. My driving instructor takes me out in it, so I can get used to driving without a dual brake.

      My dad used to make chip sandwiches when I was growing up! I don't know if he still does. I had one a couple of times and they were pretty good!

      Delete
  2. I love my pjs too (*types as sitting in pjs at 7:04 pm*) It was fun reading your responses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I have the day off work today and am still sitting here in my PJs at almost 9:30. ;) Glad I'm not the only one!

      Delete
  3. Ah Supernatural! I love that show. <3 Glad that you are picking it back up. I'm waiting impatiently for this last season to be available so I can finish it. I'm also a PJ girl, I didn't even get dressed today. That's a nice superpower, kind of like bringing sims to real life, I'd also like the ability to "not save" for bad mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's such a fun show. I watched an episode just then, actually. :) I hadn't thought of the sim connection with my chosen superpower but I can totally see it! Maybe that's why I love the game so much, lol!

      Delete