Saturday 16 May 2009

Let's build a home

Round 16: Days 76-80

Narrated by Ottilie Draper

I think I'm a little bit bigger than the last time you saw me! It feels like I've been pregnant forever and am anxious for this little tyke to just be born already! So's Lake, but not as anxious as I am, I'm sure.



Despite the fact that Lake and I are the ones who work on the garden, Mum took it upon herself to apply for the garden club. She's barely touched the garden!

Still I was kind of thrilled to see how much they liked it. Not a perfect score but our garden is only tiny.

Very early the next morning, I went into labour surrounded by a captive audience.

Finally, little Rose Eleanor was born! Lake wanted to name her Tulip or Daffodil. He loves his hippie/nature name. Rose was sort of a compromise.

We might have overdone it with the PINK nursery but I'm just so excited to have a girl. She'll probably grow up into the biggest tomboy ever to rebel!

Lake tries with Rose but he really has no idea what to do with a baby. I'm hoping he'll get a clue once she's a little older and better at telling us what she wants.

We decided to have a little party to introduce Rose to all our friends and family. She toddles out to the living room with all the people around her and who does she want? Mummy, of course!

She eventually crawled outside and hung out with Uncle Leo for a bit. He has two daughters of his own, so he's very good with Rose.

We all eventually had some dinner together. The buffet table holds more servings than our dining table has places though, so we were scattered all around the living room on the couch too.

After the party, we didn't get Rose off to bed until past 1 in the morning! Very late for a little girl but I guess it'll just be a one-off, so it's okay.

Dad has mostly turned his store over to Drusilla so he's home with Rose most of the time. I never knew my grandparents, so I'm glad Rose has the opportunity to be so close with hers.

Random pics:This party was a lot tamer than their wedding reception! Check out all this hot reading action!

I just like how Leo and even little Rose look like they're looking at Magdalena thinking, "Why the hell are you sitting on the floor?"

This is just to show you the mouth on this child! It's the exact same mouth as Ottilie, which she got from Nathalie. I don't think I ever took a good look at Ottilie or Nathalie as toddlers because wow!

7 comments:

  1. Hahaha, that last picture! I can hear her crying now. Poor baby.

    It's a good thing this party was a little tamer. Maybe everyone was behaving 'cause of the little one present. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ the hot reading action! Seems like a really wild party ;)

    That last picture is priceless. I love toddlers, they have the best facial impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She could eat another toddler with one gulp with that mouth, lol. Sometimes those big mouths scare me. But they normally grow into them... most of the time. But besides that she's a very pretty little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's not a mouth, it's a gaping chasm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be right, Lunar, I think the presence of a child must have kept all clothing on this time. Or the absence of that champagne!

    The good thing about Rose's mouth is I already know exactly what it will look like on older Sims, so I'm not too worried!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tucking in shots :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I have a tucking in shot of every toddler in the damn game. LOL.

    ReplyDelete